World Read Aloud Day Author Stories and Literacy Journey in Moreno Valley, California
The city of Moreno Valley, California, is receiving a fun and engaging author school visit with books, stories, music and entertainment led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli on November 13, 2023 to Rainbow Ridge, part of the Val Verde Unified School District.
Bee Happy with Unicorn Jazz Moreno Valley Author Stories and Literacy Journey in Moreno Valley, California!
Free TPT Teachers Pay Teachers activities this week only – click here
WHAT GRADE LEVELS DO WE SUGGEST FOR OUR BOOKS?
- Baby I love You – finger puppet book – Kinder (goes with the Baby I love you song) it’s very quick and fun easy read for PreK-K
- Help & Give Back: Grades 1-2
- Bee-ing Happy: Grades 1st to 3rd
- The Thing I Do: grades 1-3
- Unicorn Jazz: grades 2-4
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness: Grades 3-5
- Ocean Animals for 4-5 graders cuz it has awesome haiku poem and ocean animal fun facts worksheets
Moreno Valley School Video & Learning Resources
Behind the scenes what our author visits look like, THIS IS FROM a previous ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
Thanks to Teacher Pam Quevedo for bringing Unicorn Jazz & Lisa Caprelli to their school!
Located in Stanislaus County, the city of Modesto is part of the combined Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto area. With a population of over 215,000 residents today, Modesto became officially incorporated as a place of settlement in 1884 with a population of less than 2000.
Eye See You Choosing Kindness: Story and Song
Unicorn Jazz Elementary School Author Visit
Bilingual children’s author, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students for World Read Aloud Day!
As part of the in-person visit, author Lisa Caprelli will present a short 5 min video from “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” kids show on Amazon TV and much more, including:
- Order forms for books towards Ceres Unified Schools will be given in advance.
- Reading, writing, and behind the scenes from the Unicorn Jazz book series will be read
- Teachers can share or read in advance of this visit, the Unicorn Jazz book one– storytime and the Unicorn Jazz Friendship song to get familiar with the characters and stories themes of friendship, belonging, kindness, social-emotional learning.
- Teachers can take advantage of learning resources for Unicorn Jazz
- Free resources for THE THING I DO book
- Songs from 10+ music videos created by Lisa at UnicornJazz.com/songs
- Approx 7-10 min Q&A facilitated by author and teacher’s classrooms
- Additional 100-page variety of coloring pages, activities, and learning here.
- SEL learning packet
- Unicorn Jazz & Zebracorn Puppets are available on Etsy for teachers/educators
Thank you for your support of literacy, music and the arts!
MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TECHNOLOGY, GREEN SCREEN AND INNOVATION
- The Thing I Do Song Created by Students and Adults – watch
- Dance and Sing With Me Music Video by children actors/singers –watch
To learn more about Lisa Caprelli’s entrepreneurial and speaker journey click here.