Horizon Heights Elementary School Author Visit in El Paso, Texas
The city of El Paso, Texas, is receiving a fun and engaging school visit with books, stories, music and entertainment led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to Horizon Heights Elementary School on Monday, February 27th, 2023!
Bee Happy with Unicorn Jazz Horizon Heights Elementary Author Stories and Literacy Journey in El Paso, Texas
This is what we share at every school assembly to discuss the behind the scenes makings of all our books, songs, characters, puppets, singers and more:
Behind the scenes what our author visits look like, THIS IS FROM ADKISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.:
Thanks to Teacher Pam Quevedo for bringing Unicorn Jazz & Lisa Caprelli to their school!
El Paso is a city located within the Chihuahuan Desert that borders and neighbors both, the international territory of Mexico, and the U.S. state of New Mexico, from the westernmost point of Texas. Being a major Texan city close to the Mexican border, El Paso is known worldwide for its excellent and authentic Tex-Mex cuisine and dishes. It is also the only major city in Texas that runs on Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Lisa’s Author Journey Since the Pandemic reaching over 500,000 students:
El Paso is home to the natural and iconic U.S. wonder “The Thunderbird”, a long stretch of red-clay formation in the outline of a bird that can be widely seen on the North Franklin Mountains. The borderland of El Paso, Texas itself is known for being one of the oldest inhabited regions within North America. Archaeological evidence shows that humans were residing in the limits of El Paso for over 10,000 years! Today, the city is home to over 670,000 residents. El Paso is also known for being the home town of Unicorn Jazz author, Lisa Caprelli!
Eye See You Choosing Kindness: Story and Song
Unicorn Jazz & Horizon Heights Elementary School Author Visit
On February 27, 2023, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of Horizon Elementary in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of Horizon Heights Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the hornets mascot, Horizon Heights Elementary is a K-5 school that is committed to helping each child reach their maximum potential. We at Unicorn Jazz are looking forward to presenting to these students as the school is focused on an extended learning curriculum to ensure children are prepared for all aspects of life, and author Lisa Caprelli is excited to share her message with the brilliant young minds of Horizon Heights Elementary with the lessons found in her Unicorn Jazz stories and resource material.
Thank You Horizon Heights Elementary!
As part of the in-person visit to Horizon Heights Elementary, author Lisa Caprelli will present a short 5 min video from “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” kids show on Amazon TV & KidsBeeTV and much more, including:
- Order forms for books towards Horizon Heights Elementary will be given in advance.
- Reading, writing, and behind the scenes from the Unicorn Jazz book series will be read
- Teachers can share or read in advance of this visit, the Unicorn Jazz book one– storytime and the Unicorn Jazz Friendship song to get familiar with the characters and stories themes of friendship, belonging, kindness, social-emotional learning.
- Teachers can take advantage of learning resources for Unicorn Jazz
- Free resources for THE THING I DO book
- Songs from 10+ music videos created by Lisa at UnicornJazz.com/songs
- Approx 7-10 min Q&A facilitated by author and teacher’s classrooms
- Additional 100-page variety of coloring pages, activities, and learning here.
- SEL learning packet
- Unicorn Jazz & Zebracorn Puppets are available on Etsy for teachers/educators
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is El Paso, TX, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located a little over 805 miles east from our HQ, the city of El Paso is about a 12 hour and a half-hour drive from Huntington Beach, California.
Fun Facts about El Paso, TX
- El Paso is nicknamed the “Sun City” because, on average, the city gets around 302 days of sunlight a year. That’s 7248 hours out of 8760 in a 365-day calendar!
- The Sun City is home to two places listed as a National Historic Building of Significance: the Magoffin Home and the Plaza Theater.
- Since 1935, El Paso has been the home site where the Sun Bowl college football event traditionally takes place.
- El Paso is the only major city in Texas that works on Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
Horizon Heights Elementary School Video & Learning Resources
- Where do Good Ideas Come From. Teachers can play when Author is in classroom, click here
- Behind the Scenes Journey of an author during the pandemic: click here
- Skip a Step, Free Digital Journal for Students, click to download free
- More for students interested in leadership: click here
MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TECHNOLOGY, GREEN SCREEN AND INNOVATION TO SHARE IF WE HAVE TIME:
- The Thing I Do Song Created by Students and Adults – watch
- Dance and Sing With Me Music Video by children actors/singers –watch
To learn more about Lisa Caprelli’s entrepreneurial and speaker journey click here.