San Onofre Elementary School Author Visit in San Clemente, CA
The city of San Clemente, California, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to San Onofre Elementary School on Tuesday, February 7th, 2023.
Unicorn Jazz & San Onofre Elementary School Author Visit in San Clemente, CA
This is what we share at every school assembly to discuss the behind the scenes makings of all our books, songs, characters, puppets, singers and more:
Adkison Elementary School Summary:
Named after Saint Clement, San Clemente, CA, is a city located in Orange County between the cities of Los Angeles and San Diego. With a population of over 64,000 residents, San Clemente is known for its gorgeous beaches and stunning Spanish Colonial Revival architecture
We will be giving some recognition for KINDNESS to some students!
Unicorn Jazz & San Onofre Elementary School Author Visit
On February 7, 2023, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of San Onofre Elementary in person. We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of the San Onofre School as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the panther mascot, San Onofre Elementary is a K-8 school that is dedicated to not only student learning, but also inclusion. We at Unicorn Jazz are looking forward to presenting to a school where the staff is committed in creating an environment for children where each student can shine in their own way — plus, the value of social inclusion is the most fundamental of the core messages found in our Unicorn Jazz books!
Thank You San Onofre Elementary!
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is San Clemente, CA, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located just 34.5 miles southeast of Huntington Beach, the city of San Clemente is around 45-minute drive from our Unicorn Jazz HQ!
Fun Facts about San Clemente, CA
- San Clemente city slogan is “Spanish Village by the Sea”.
- San Clemente officially became incorporated as a city on February, 28, 1928
- San Clemente is the hometown of many notable people throughout a diverse range of fields, such as actors, musicians, sports stars, media personalities, and more!
- The two most popular tourist attractions within the city are the San Clemente Pier and the Casa Romantica.
As part of the in-person visit to our school, author Lisa Caprelli will present a short 5 min video from “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” kids show on Amazon TV and much more, including:
- Order forms for books will be given in advance.
- Reading, writing, and behind the scenes from the Unicorn Jazz book series will be read
- Teachers can share or read in advance of this visit, the Unicorn Jazz book one– storytime and the Unicorn Jazz Friendship song to get familiar with the characters and stories themes of friendship, belonging, kindness, social-emotional learning.
- Teachers can take advantage of learning resources for Unicorn Jazz
- Free resources for THE THING I DO book
- Songs from 10+ music videos created by Lisa at UnicornJazz.com/songs
- Approx 5-10 min Q&A facilitated by author and teacher’s classrooms
- Additional 100-page variety of coloring pages, activities, and learning here.
- SEL learning packet
- Unicorn Jazz & Zebracorn Puppets are available on Etsy for teachers/educators
Ceres School Video & Learning Resources
- Where do Good Ideas Come From. Teachers can play when Author is in classroom, click here
- Behind the Scenes Journey of an author during the pandemic: click here
- Skip a Step, Free Digital Journal for Students, click to download free
- More for students interested in leadership: click here
MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TECHNOLOGY, GREEN SCREEN AND INNOVATION TO SHARE IF WE HAVE TIME:
- The Thing I Do Song Created by Students and Adults – watch
- Dance and Sing With Me Music Video by children actors/singers –watch
To learn more about Lisa Caprelli’s entrepreneurial and speaker journey click here.