Children’s Author Doing Online Read Alouds & Activities -The Thing I Do Show
Children’s Author Doing Online Read Alouds with Free Activities, Short Lessons for kids at home and adults who are bored. The Thing I Do Show by Children’s Author, Lisa Caprelli This is a live show for kids stuck at home and adults who are bored! You just never know what you will see and what people will send in to us to SHARE with you!
Unicorn Jazz’s The Thing I Do with host, Lisa Caprelli, streams live Thursdays at 11:00 am PST on Facebook Live, Instagram Live, YouTube live.
A different book excerpt will be read aloud — and our show will vary weekly with: a variety of librarian recommended books, home school / teacher ideas, art and crafts, show a dance sent into our social media. Also, get a Spanish tip and more sent in by jazzy friends all over the planet!
HERE IS THE RECORDED SHOW THAT WENT LIVE MARCH 26, 2020:
Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 11:00 am PST – 11:30 am PST kicks of Season 1.
Children’s author, Lisa Caprelli, will be sharing the following for elementary school students, school librarians, teachers, moms, dads, grandparents and anyone who would like to be entertained with behind the scene coverage of what it takes to make a great Unicorn Jazz team.
We opened with the official Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song – available on over 30 music platforms including new on Tik Tok!
LETS START OFF WITH SOME LAUGHTER
Lisa shared the hilarious – NOT SHY – “THE THING I DO IS DANCE” AWARD to Ruth, a nurse who gave permission for the sake of laughter, at a time we all can laugh.
The secret winner (TBA) received our official THE THING I DO IS DANCE certificate Plus the Dance & Sing with Me Mug created by our friends at Party Lover Crafts in Texas and Unicorn Jazz plush and a signed book.
The first 5 people to comment on a combination of Facebook and/or Instagram (5 total winners) with 1) a funny face shot sent in the comments and 2) share the show on their social platform(s) will receive a PRIZE (TBA live).
With a fascination for Sesame Street, and the Muppets television shows when she was young, Lisa will share her inspiration for going beyond the books and bringing the main character alive, Unicorn Jazz, with the unicorn plush toy creation. There is, of course, a lot of fun in the journey, such as connecting with talented young scholars like Sophia, the daughter of OC Studios by Lizette photographer.
Have a question? Get ready to submit it live or contact us.
Contributions for our Children’s Authors Doing Online Read Alouds given by a variety of school educators. You will find great and short content by home school moms, kids stuck at home during social distancing, teachers and people submitting fun and educational content.
WHAT IS A RADIOLOGIST?
THE VIDEO BELOW TELLS US. BY DR. CHRIS HERZIG.
DR. CHRIS SHARED WHAT A RADIOLOGIST IS and answered Question Sent In to us by Priscilla.
Her questions were:
- I have an interest in marine biology. If I were a marine biologist, what would I be learning in working with dolphins?
- What have been some places you traveled to for work or for fun?
Above – this Week’s School Librarian Recommended Books:
What were your favorite books as a child? “I am a reader, because my second grade teacher read to us everyday after lunch. My favorites were The Mouse & the Motorcycle, Ramona, The Borrowers, The Littles, and Pippi Longstocking.” -Christy Lee Evans, Tennessee
You can expect to find weekly contributions by different talent in her family. For one, “Trey aka TreyJam, her 14 year old son, began doing “Try Not To Laugh Challenges” Videos since the age of 7. Today, he has well over 150 million views on his YouTube Channel.
So it is not any surprise, that Lisa gets technology ideas from her son. Team concepts are always discussed and who does what, giving credit to different people who lend their gifts and expertise.
She shares FAQ – frequently asked questions about Unicorn Jazz by kids.
With a music note for a tail, Lisa will share the inspiration, stories and lessons Unicorn Jazz teaches.
Behind the SCENES OF THE CHILDREN’S BOOK – BEE-ING HAPPY
Stemming from childhood memories, Lisa Caprelli was inspired by the “Love is” messages and turned them into easy and fun art, kids could relate to with ideas to foster their own imagination.
What does being happy mean to you? See what hundreds of kids did for their own BEE-ING HAPPY is:
Children’s Author Doing Online Read Alouds
Learn more and download free 5 page Bee Happy kit.
Kicking this show’s week off will include more of the following:
Freebies like the Bee Happy kit above – and a contest for the April 2, 2020 show of YOUR child’s Bee-ing Happy art submissions to any of our social media platforms!
Free e-books on Kindle for two days only (March 26 and March 27, 2020)
- Bee-ing Happy With Unicorn Jazz and Friends – PLEASE click on Buy now for $0.00 (this helps me get credit on Amazon to my followers)
- Abejita Feliz – POR FAVOR – hacer clic a compra
- SUPPORT any of my other books and work on Amazon – click to see all books
- Educators – Video story books coming alive by voice actress Tiffany Marz and free activities, STEM curriculum – click
- Parents – free coloring pages and DIY fun – click
Children’s Author Doing Online Read Alouds inspired by people on this page!
HOME SCHOOL EASY IDEAS BY TEACHER SUZANNE FUNK
Mrs. Funk, an early childhood educator, gives us some easy things parents can do with their children.
Whether you are a regular home school parent, or having to home school your child during social distancing in March and April, you can motivate your young scholar, too! Here is her son, Marcello, showing something he has been doing for years.
DOCTOR TIP OF THE WEEK BY DR. CHRIS HERZIG
What is a radiologist? Medical doctor, Chris Herzig brief overview for the show. Ask a question for the opportunity to have it answered on next week’s show!
SPANISH SHORT WORD LESSON OF THE WEEK BY NATALIA SEPULVEDA
Listen to Natalia Sepulveda, from Bilingual Lifestyle Publishing with her short and simple Spanish word lesson of the week. Natalia is an excellent translator (English, Spanish) and has helped to translate two of our Unicorn Jazz Children’s Spanish books, thus far.
DO YOUR KIDS LOVE TO WRITE? ENCOURAGE PEN PAL WRITING WITH UNICORN JAZZ!
Pen Pal opportunity for your kids. Click here for our pen pal information. Lisa will share the traditional way to write a letter or hand-written note card. Thanks to technology today, she will also share how much easier it is to connect with anyone around the world with a click of a button.
WHAT’S COMING AHEAD – NEXT SHOW WILL BE THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020 at 11:00 am PST.
- Unicorn Jazz’s first book, Unicorn Jazz with a voice over synopsis by Tiffany Marz.
- 3D Printing Capabilities and Unicorn Jazz’s free 3D printer file
- The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Daughter of a dynamic duo team, Ken Walls and Jill Rainey Walls is raising a dynamic and intelligent fourth grader, Abigail. With a talent for a variety of skills like dancing and writing, Lisa Caprelli will interview Abigail.
- Singer, songwriter Thanecha Anderson will share a music tip or two for children at home. Ask any question to this inspirational and motivated woman who has auditioned for many shows including America’s Got Talent. Thanecha is also the songwriter to the Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song and has been part of the jazzy team from the beginning.
- Another tip by Dr. Chris Herzig based on viewer submissions.
- Priscilla is an avid reader and has a reading channel for kids. We are grateful for the children who are contributing to the new Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song dances found on social media (with parent permission).
Children’s Author Doing Online Read Alouds with Free Activities, Short Lessons for kids at home and adults who are bored.
For more information, or to submit an educational lesson, tip or comment, contact us today!