14 Things to Do Indoors for Kids – Homeschooling Ideas
How to Keep Children Busy – I have been having conversations with others about what to do with the children since they are going to be out of school. Things to Do Indoors for Kids. There are many educational activities that you can do to keep your kids busy and learning. Worksheets are near the bottom of my choices.
14 Things to Do Indoors for Kids – Homeschooling Ideas are Googled plenty these day. I spend some time thinking about what is more interesting then worksheets for those that would like to home school their child at least for the time being. I wanted to share some of the information I found with other parents.
- Games. Children like all kinds of games. Games can teach math skills, reading, social skills, and logical thinking. You can search all types of games by their topic by visiting https://my-little-poppies.com/gameschooling
- Reading. You can read a book to your younger and older children. You can also access audiobooks.
- Podcasts There are some great free podcasts for children. Wow in the World is a good one. Most podcasts run between 20 and 30 minutes. You can find a podcast on many different subjects.
- Educational Programs. Shows such as the Magic School Bus can be educational.
- Art Projects. Art allows your children to be creative. You may already have some things you can turn into art supplies around your home.
- Science Experiments. Household items can be used for some cool experiments.
- Puzzles. There are brain teasers in addition to traditional puzzles. They are good at helping to build math skills.
- Get Outside. Send the children out for some fresh air. It will keep them busy and allow mom some peace.
- Online Learning. There are some fun programs such as Prodigy Math, Reading Eggs or Mathseeds.
- Let them Play. Children need time to play. Dolls, Legos, and other toys will allow them to put their imagination to good use. Self-directed learning is important for children.
- Get in the Kitchen. Cooking and baking can help children learn fractions and measurements. They can also learn how to make simple dishes.
- Music. Listen to music, dance, talk about the lyrics, and if you have an instrument at home learn how to play it. The Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song is on our list.
- Worksheets. Some children actually like to do worksheets. If they like this go ahead and give them a sheet or two. While they are educational they do not take the place of hands-on learning. Children usually do not develop a love for learning due to worksheets alone.
- Develop a Routine. Children like to know what to do so developing a routine will help keep them busy. In addition to learning activities making sure they have some downtime to play. Moms need some time to relax too.
If you have any questions just let me know. Learning can happen at any time and not just in the classroom. Try to make this time out of school a fun learning experience.
PS: Before things get really bad stock up on anything you may need. This includes chocolate and wine. Moms and dads need to be able to relax too.
Hoping the best for us all and that we can make the most out of this complicated time.