Emerson Elementary School Author Visit in Wheaton, Illinois
The town of Wheaton is a suburb in Illinois 25 miles west of the state’s capital of Chicago. Unicorn Jazz & Emerson Elementary School Author Visit
Known for its privately and publicly-held primary and secondary educational institutions, including the prestigious Wheaton College, Wheaton is home to many beautifully styled Christian churches. The town also serves as the headquarters for the Theosophical Society in America; a trans-religious organization that encourages open-mindedness to all world religions, philosophies, sciences, and arts.
First settled in 1837 with a small population that migrated from the northeastern territories of New England, Wheaton soon became an established railroad community by the end of the decade.
The eventual Wheaton railroad station lead to a gradual population rise over the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, the town is now a historic community that includes over 50,000 residents.
Unicorn Jazz & Emerson Elementary School Author Visit
On February 5, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, author of the best-selling children’s book series Unicorn Jazz, will be visiting the Emerson Elementary School in Wheaton, Illinois.
The teachings and mission of the Emerson School blend magnificently with the message and morals of our Unicorn Jazz stories as the school implements a diverse range of learning within its curriculum.
Including their academic portion, Emerson Elementary focuses on inspiring and encouraging its students to reach a level of effective communication and reflective thinking that will result in a positive difference by being more understanding and respective towards others.
Some Fun Facts About Wheaton, IL
- The first official mayor of the town, Judge Elbert Gary, was also the same person who founded the town of Gary, Indiana. Judge Elbert Gary was also the son of Erastus Gary, the first settler to claim land in Wheaton back in 1837.
- Wheaton is home to the historic Grand Theater, which was built nearly 100 years ago in 1925.
- Wheaton is also home to the Chicago Golf Club, which was the first 18-hole golf ever established in the United States. Founded in 1894, the Chicago Golf Club has officially made its mark in 2020 by being listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
How Far is Wheaton, IL from Huntington Beach, CA, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Being on the eastern side of the central Midwest, the town of Wheaton, IL, is about a 30-hour drive from the Unicorn Jazz headquarters located in Huntington Beach, California.
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.