Ceres Unified School District Author Stories and Literacy Journey in Modesto, California
The city of Modesto, California, is receiving a fun and engaging school visit with books, stories, music and entertainment led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to three elementary schools in May 2023! Within these three days, Lisa Caprelli will visit the young learners of the Virginioa Parks, Don Pedro, Whitmore, Adkinson, Hidahl, and Caswell elementary schools, part of the Ceres Unified School District.
Bee Happy with Unicorn Jazz Ceres Unified School District Author Stories and Literacy Journey in Modesto, California
Free TPT activities – click here
Behind the scenes what our author visits look like, THIS IS FROM ADKISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
Thanks to Teacher Pam Quevedo for bringing Unicorn Jazz & Lisa Caprelli to their school!
Located in Stanislaus County, the city of Modesto is part of the combined Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto area. With a population of over 215,000 residents today, Modesto became officially incorporated as a place of settlement in 1884 with a population of less than 2000.
Modesto’s main attractions include its many unique and historic architecture, such as the McHenry Mansion, Hawke Castle, Crow House, the Robert Walton House, and more!
Eye See You Choosing Kindness: Story and Song
Unicorn Jazz & Adkison Elementary School Author Visit
On January 23, 2023, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of Adkison Elementary in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of Adkison Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the gator mascot, Adkison Elementary is an inclusive K-6 school that focuses on developing life-long learners and problem solvers who achieve success academically, socially, and emotionally while being respectful, safe, responsible, conscientious role models.
Unicorn Jazz & Hidahl Elementary School Author Visit
On January 24, 2023, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of Hidahl Elementary in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of Hidahl Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the huskies mascot, Hidahl Elementary is a K-6 school that boasts a serene campus nestled in the middle of old grape vineyards. Opened in 2006, Hidahl Elementary serves over 450 students.
Unicorn Jazz Elementary School Author Visit
Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of Caswell Elementary in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of Caswell Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the cougar mascot, Caswell Elementary is a K-6 dual-language school that is fundamentally built to foster healthy relationships for the purpose of student learning, where students and their learning needs are the number one priority.
We at Unicorn Jazz are looking forward to presenting to the students of the Ceres Unified School District as the most primary objective for each of these schools is to enhance not only academia, but also emotional learning through social inclusion. The concept of social inclusion is at the forefront of our Unicorn Jazz messages, and author Lisa Caprelli is excited to share her message with the brilliant young minds of the Adkison, Hindahl, and Caswell elementary schools.
Thank You Ceres Unified District!
As part of the in-person visit to the schools of the Ceres Unified School District, author Lisa Caprelli will present a short 5 min video from “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” kids show on Amazon TV & KidsBeeTV and much more, including:
- Order forms for books towards Ceres Unified Schools will be given in advance.
- Reading, writing, and behind the scenes from the Unicorn Jazz book series will be read
- Teachers can share or read in advance of this visit, the Unicorn Jazz book one– storytime and the Unicorn Jazz Friendship song to get familiar with the characters and stories themes of friendship, belonging, kindness, social-emotional learning.
- Teachers can take advantage of learning resources for Unicorn Jazz
- Free resources for THE THING I DO book
- Songs from 10+ music videos created by Lisa at UnicornJazz.com/songs
- Approx 7-10 min Q&A facilitated by author and teacher’s classrooms
- Additional 100-page variety of coloring pages, activities, and learning here.
- SEL learning packet
- Unicorn Jazz & Zebracorn Puppets are available on Etsy for teachers/educators
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Modesto, CA, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located 351.5 miles north of our Unicorn Jazz HQ, reaching the city of Modesto from Huntington Beach is a near 6-hour drive by car.
Fun Facts about Modesto, CA
- The city of Modesto was named after the Spanish word for “modest”.
- The city’s nickname is the “City of Great Neighbors”.
- Modesto’s official motto is “Water Wealth Contentment Health”.
- Modesto is the hometown to dozens of well-known professionals and celebrities in all fields, from sports to singing, acting, and film-making, the most notable of which is George Lucas – the creator of the Star Wars franchise.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
Ceres School Video & Learning Resources
- Where do Good Ideas Come From. Teachers can play when Author is in classroom, click here
- Behind the Scenes Journey of an author during the pandemic: click here
- Skip a Step, Free Digital Journal for Students, click to download free
- More for students interested in leadership: click here
MORE VIDEOS ABOUT TECHNOLOGY, GREEN SCREEN AND INNOVATION TO SHARE IF WE HAVE TIME:
- The Thing I Do Song Created by Students and Adults – watch
- Dance and Sing With Me Music Video by children actors/singers –watch
To learn more about Lisa Caprelli’s entrepreneurial and speaker journey click here.