Chincoteague Elementary School Author Visit in Virginia
The town of Chincoteague, Virginia, will be receiving a fun and engaging author led visit by author Lisa Caprelli in this presentation to Chincoteague Elementary School!
Unicorn Jazz & Chincoteague Elementary Author Visit
Chincoteague is a small island town located in Accomack County, Virginia, that is home to a population of over 2,800 residents. Incorporated as a governed town in 1908, Chincoteague is most popularly known for its gorgeous multi-colored ponies that roam free around its island. These one-of-a-kind horses are the biggest tourist attraction to the area, including its cozy atmosphere of being a small-town getaway with quaint little hotels, beaches, miniature golf courses, ice cream parlors, and piers with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Chincoteague Elementary School Author Visit
On March 11, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young learners of Chincoteague Elementary of all grade levels in two sessions virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of Chincoteague Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. The school’s mission statement of fostering an environment of partnership between home, school, and community fits amazingly well with the overall theme of the Unicorn Jazz stories. Its staff and teachers are dedicated to providing a nurturing place where young learners can grow through any challenges that come their way.
Thank You Chincoteague Elementary! Coloring Page Contest Winners above!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
- Students to color any ONE page from the Unicorn Jazz Coloring Pages free packet.
- Teachers to submit one coloring page per classroom to be entered into one final contest.
- 3 Lucky Winners (students) will each receive an autographed Unicorn Jazz hardcover for the student who is selected and the Teacher’s classroom that the student is currently in. (So that makes 6 Winners Total!)
- Deadline to submit to each classroom by student is March 9, 2021.
- Winners to be selected by school educator choice and submit to author Lisa Caprelli by March 11, 2021. The books will be mailed to our school by April 2, 2021.
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Chincoteague, VA, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located all the way on the other side of the U.S. on the easternmost shores of Virginia, Chincoteague is 2,815 miles from our Unicorn Jazz HQ in Huntington Beach, CA. The distance would take 42 hours to cover.
Fun Facts about Chincoteague, VA
- Chincoteague is a town located on the seven mile long island of the same name. It is the only resort island located in the state of Virginia.
- The island is most famous for its summer annual Pony Swim and Penning, where Chincoteague horses are led across a shallow stream of water from Assateague Island to the town and put up for auction. The population of Chincoteague rises to three times its usual whenever this weeklong event comes around.
- Chincoteague gets its name from a Native American dialect meaning “beautiful land across the water”.
- Another popular attraction to the area is the Wallops Island Flight Facility, where tourists come to visit whenever the center resupplies the International Space Station by launching the Antares rocket and Cygnus cargo module.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.