The Sound of Music To Be Everything You Want to Be With Emily Isabel
Emily Isabel is a 12-year-old actress, singer, and model. Her recent works include playing the part of Brigitta during The Sound of Music’s national tour and appearing in a number of various commercials.
A True Triple Threat of Creativity
Emily knew she wanted to be an on-stage performer since she was very little. She truly believes that her future is to continue to work hard and keep pursuing her acting career. She has so many interesting facts about her — we will have to keep this a growing story feature!
Yodel-Ay-Ee-Oooo! Emily can even yodel! Yodel is a form of singing or calling marked by rapid alternation between the normal voice and falsetto. “they had learned how to drop into the lake, yodeling like Tarzan”
Emily is fluent in Russian and she can play the ukulele. Let’s list more fun facts:
- Accents: British, Brooklyn, Egyptian.
- Athletic abilities: Trapeze, ice skating, bike riding, rollerblade, roller-skate, swimming, diving.
- Other: Runway modeling / Fit Modeling, Improv
- Dance: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Acrobatics, Hip hop, lyrical, standard ballroom
- Commercials – she’s done many and welcomes more opportunities
- Workshops: Casting, Pilot Season, Improv, Auditions, On Camera, Musical Toolbox, Musical Theater Auditions
Yes, Emily Isabel Strugatsky is just 12 years young! But that doesn’t stop this beautiful actress, singer and dancer from learning all kinds of “things!”
The Sound of Music is a musical with music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, and a book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. It is based on the 1949 memoir of Maria von Trapp, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers
Emily was honored to have recently made her Tour debut in The Sound of Music as Brigitta.
She aspires to become a voice-over artist, or even a children’s book author. Although her true goal and dream would be being all three at once!
Watch her read UNICORN JAZZ with different character voices and acting style in this video below with a special message for kids at the end:
We learned so much about Unicorn Jazz and what makes her special, different and unique. Tell me, what are the things that make you special how are you different? I would love to know!
“The way she gets into character to BECOME another character simply wows me. I can watch my storybook character come to life, as portrayed in the readings of Unicorn Jazz books,” says author Lisa Caprelli.
Emily‘s love and passion for theater and her professionalism towards her work on camera drives and motivates her to work long hours. Her dedication to her craft and art has helped Emily grow and improve drastically grow yearly!
Being creative to Emily means letting the ideas come to you by letting your imagination run wild.
Focus on being you and what you think others want you to be.
Emily on SNL – December 2020: Watch this fun clip below:
She also believes it’s important to concentrate on blocking out any unnecessary thoughts that may get in the way of your self-expression.
Beyond her sound of music, we are proud to have Emily Isabel as our Unicorn Jazz Club. She is proof that you can do the things you love – act, sing, and learn more while inspiring others with happiness & kindness.
CONTRUBITIONS AND ACCOLADES
The Unicorn Jazz team is grateful for her contributions and accolades for the work:
- A growing part of The THING I Do Show!
- 12 Days of Christmas music video performance with 24 kids – on Amazon TV, Amazon Prime
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County Volunteer Book Drive Team which raised over 350 books!
- Coming in 2021: Dance and Sing With Me Music Video
- Read Across America Tour near Brooklyn, New York – Spring 2021
Learn more about her and learn how you can work with her. She is a proud member of SAG-AFTRA: EmilyIsabel.net