Sycamore Magnet Academy School Author Visit in Orange County, California
The city of Tustin, California, is receiving a fun and engaging school visit with books, stories, music and entertainment led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to Sycamore Magnet Academy on Friday, April 22nd, 2022.
Unicorn Jazz & Sycamore Magnet Academy Author Visit in Tustin, CA
Thanks to Teacher Pam Quevedo for bringing Unicorn Jazz & Lisa Caprelli to their school!
Located in Orange County, the city of Tustin is part of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. With a population of over 80,000 residents, Tustin was officially incorporated as a settlement in 1927 with only a population of 900 people.
Tustin’s main attractions include its Market Place and District areas, the Tustin Area Museum, the Enderle Center, the Marconi Automotive Museum, the Old Tustin Town, and the Tustin Ranch Golf Course.
Bee-ing Happy, based on the book Bee-ing Happy – Contest Winners are:
Dalary Pacheco -K
Delia Avila Jimenez Larkin- 4th
Unicorn Jazz & Sycamore Magnet Academy Author Visit
On April 22, 2022, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young learners of Sycamore Magnet Academy in person! We at Unicorn Jazz are so excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of Sycamore Magnet Academy as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour!
Home of the wolf mascot, Sycamore Magnet Academy is a phenomenal Pre-K – 8th-grade educational facility that focuses on teaching its students various multidisciplinary approaches to learning. By using cutting-edge technology, Sycamore Magnet Academy hopes to empower and innovate its young academic minds to become excellent global leaders who value respect, empathy, and perseverance in their conduct.
We at Unicorn Jazz are looking forward to presenting to the students of Sycamore Magnet Academy as one of the school’s most primary objectives is to enhance social-emotional learning throughout its academic program. The concept of social-emotional learning is the at forefront of our Unicorn Jazz messages, and author Lisa Caprelli can’t think of a better place to present for her return to in-person school visits!
Earth Day Author’s Visit & Free Children’s Books
April 22 is Earth Day! This year’s theme for 2022 is “Investing in Our Planet”. Help celebrate this wonderful day of global health and awareness with these 10 free ocean-themed children’s books that are not only educational but inspirational too!
As part of the in-person visit to Sycamore Magnet Academy, author Lisa Caprelli will present a short 5 min video from “Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do” kids show on Amazon TV & KidsBeeTV and much more, including:
- Order forms for books towards Sycamore Magnet Academy will be given in advance.
- Reading, writing, and behind the scenes from the Unicorn Jazz book series will be read
- Teachers can share or read in advance of this visit, the Unicorn Jazz book one– storytime and the Unicorn Jazz Friendship song to get familiar with the characters and stories themes of friendship, belonging, kindness, social-emotional learning.
- Teachers can take advantage of learning resources for Unicorn Jazz
- Free resources for THE THING I DO book
- Songs from 10+ music videos created by Lisa at UnicornJazz.com/songs
- Approx 7-10 min Q&A facilitated by author and teacher’s classrooms
- Additional 100-page variety of coloring pages, activities, and learning here.
- SEL learning packet
- Unicorn Jazz & Zebracorn Puppets are available on Etsy for teachers/educators
Thank You Sycamore Magnet Academy!
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Tustin, CA, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located at a distance less than 15 miles northeast of our Unicorn Jazz HQ, reaching the city of Tustin from Huntington Beach is a 25-minute drive by car.
Fun Facts about Tustin, CA
- Tustin’s nickname is “The City of Trees” due to the native sycamores and oaks when the area was first settled.
- Before European settlement, the area around Tustin was home to members of the Tongya and Juaneno/Luiseno nations.
- Tustin was originally founded in 1868 by carriage maker Columbus Tustin, after whom the city is named.
- Tustin is the hometown to a plethora of professional athletes, including MLB players Heath Bell, Gerrit Cole, Mark Grace, Sean Green, and others, and NFL players Sam Baker, James “Beau” Bell, Chris Chester, DeShaun Foster, and more!