Huntington Beach School Author Visit by Resident Lisa Caprelli – Read Across America
The city of Huntington Beach, California, located in Orange County is receiving a fun and engaging author-led visit by resident Lisa Caprelli.
Unicorn Jazz & Elementary School Author Visit
Huntington Beach is a city just south of Los Angeles that is home to over 200,000 residents.
Also known as “Surf City”, or even the “Surf Capital of The World”, the seaside city of Huntington Beach is named such because you can surf the waters in the area all year long. Along with a nearly 10-mile stretch of sand, Huntington Beach is known for its beach culture, ocean views, piers, and as a haven for aquatic sports. The city is home to the International Surfing Museum and is also a great place to enjoy golf, equestrian, bicycling, kayaking, paddleboarding, and so much more!
Another special fact about Huntington Beach, CA, is that the city also serves as the headquarters for Unicorn Jazz – the children’s book series about a Unicorn with a musical note for a tail.
The city of Huntington Beach, California, located in Orange County is receiving a fun and engaging author-led visit by resident Lisa Caprelli and her husband, Dr. Chris Herzig who is a co-author of Unicorn Jazz Ocean Animals book!
Check out The Thing I Do show – now on Amazon TV:
Unicorn Jazz & Schroeder Elementary Author Visit
On March 4, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting before Schroeder Elementary School students of all grade levels in two sessions virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are pleased to have the opportunity to speak with the distinguished students of Schroeder Elementary. The school strives to create a stimulating learning environment where students can achieve high levels of positive values and citizenship. Just like the morals of our Unicorn Jazz stories, Schroeder Elementary believes that positive cooperation within a community is essential to ensuring academic and personal success on a social and emotional level.
Thank You Schroeder Elementary School!
The Thing I Do Music Video based on The Thing I Do Book:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant dowload.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Coloring Page Contest – Woo-hoo!
Teachers, please share with your students. Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
- Students to color any ONE page from the Unicorn Jazz Coloring Pages free packet.
- Teachers to submit one coloring page per classroom to be entered into one final contest.
- 5 Lucky Winners (students) will each receive an autographed Unicorn Jazz hardcover for the student who is selected and the Teacher’s classroom that the student is currently in. (So that makes 10 Winners Total!)
- Deadline to submit to each classroom by student is Monday, March 12, 2021.
- Winners to be selected by school educator choice and submit to author Lisa Caprelli by March 16, 2021. The books will be delivered to our school by March 25th.
Pen Pal – Elementary School Writing Opportunity With Author of Unicorn Jazz – click to participate for free!
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
Fun Facts about Huntington Beach, California
- The city is named after Henry E. Huntington – an American businessman and railroad magnate who helped popularize Huntington Beach as a locale for surfing at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Huntington Beach had plenty of nicknames in its time before being called the “Surf Capital of the World”. Previous nicknames include Shell Beach, the town of Smeltzer, Fairview, Pacific City, and even Gospel Swamp for its marshlands.
- The Surf City is home to the annual U.S. Open of Surfing – a week-long competition held in the summer.
- Huntington Beach has its own beach just for dogs! Huntington Dog Beach is a one-and-a-half-mile stretch of sand where dogs are allowed to run around and play.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.