The Thing I Do Challenge – Let Kids Know Why You Like Your Career, Hobby or Sport
FREE BEYOND THE BOOK ACTIVITIES AND COLORING PAGES AT: click here
Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do – show for kids ages 3-103, is looking to showcase a variety of careers or hobbies or sports first will be showcased on October 24, 2020 streaming live on Facebook live and YouTube Live!
WE HAVE LOTS OF VIDEO ENTRIES RECEIVED
See them all on our Instagram.com/unicornjazzbrand page!
WE ARE GRATEFUL and will keep spotlighting more. Some will make social media and some will make the show – it is up to our entire film production team. If you were referred to us by a talent agency, let us know!
We continue to receive video submissions, so we will keep featuring and highlighting different videos sent in for the benefit of kids’ future! #TheThingIDoChallenge #NationalMakeADifferenceDay
Follow our daily posts on Instagram to see people sharing what they love to do!
What is the thing you do? Share your video message TO KIDS!
Please share your video message like you are speaking to kids, sometimes, if you even lead with, “Hi, boys and girls…” it will help you get in the zone of kids.
Some videos we have seen – the tone and message is telling adults what they do. And while that is okay, these videos will not be preferential for making final shows. And let’s face it, sharing a message TO KIDS and bringing happiness to them, is what our show and mission is all about! It’s fun, too!
So far we have committed to this project:
- Singers (many) ✅
- Puppeteers ✅
- Authors (too many to count, but kids love stories) ✅
- Sound engineer ✅
- Marine Biologists ✅
- Scientist ✅
- Community Helpers ✅
- Fireman ✅
- Teachers ✅
- Graphic designer ✅
- Cashier ✅
- Librarian ✅
- Artists ✅
PARTICULARS – To be part of this project for kids to enjoy:
- Create your video with the PARTICULARS as noted below.
- To be considered for the “best of” show highlights, send in a video (no more than 30 seconds, if you go 60 seconds, hey we will find a way to edit the best of!) of your occupation and how it makes a difference in the lives of others. We have many CAREERS, and THINGS to highlight and this video – compilation – merge, as we call it will be back to back in different videos put together by our film editing team.
- Use the example above to state your name, your job title and THE THING I DO is ………. If you make mistakes, or flubs in your video – WE EDIT THEM OUT, so keep recording away!
- Be sure to state HOW YOU help people.
- Use the word YOU a lot – versus “I” – I statements are not as effective as turning it into YOU. For example, I am a children’s author and I write lots of books. THIS IS BETTER: Have you ever wondered how you could become an author? Well, go to the library, watch YouTube videos.
- Be happy and excited to watch. Think of being in front of 1000 elementary school aged kids!
- RECORD YOUR VIDEO HORIZONTAL – not up and down if using your phone. Read the pink graphic poster below.
- Add any nice creative touches! (Show your work area, home work area, the things about your work that showcase you.) So that the background is different for each person. Add your family, if applicable, kids, environment.
- If kids just HEAR what people do without seeing a visual (background that matches your career or something creative versus a plain wall) it won’t be as visually appealing. Our film team will give precedence to people who share the videos with these particulars.
- The week of October 19th, we will remind you to share or reshare the video you made and we edited – we send it back to you with amazing graphics to present – on your Facebook or Instagram and hashtag it #TheThingIDoChallenge #ThethingIDo (Look for our announcement on social media)
- Videos sent in that do not make the October spotlights, will be shown in November, December, etc.
- Do not make your video self promotional. Our film production team reserves the right to refuse videos that do not follow guidelines.
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
Our team will gather the best of as a first come, first serve basis. Additionally, kids videos will take precedence, because after all our show is for kids. The type of message you give also matters. This is not meant to be a sell promotional piece. Such entries, will not be used.
Creative talent and a variety of other careers will be showcased, too! Based on the number of varied career videos sent in, our film production team will pick based on videos sent in to showcase a variety. All will be showcased on our show blog, YouTube channel.
We even decided to showcase more ongoing, since THE THING I DO is about doing what you love.
We are a self-funded show and we appreciate SPONSORSHIPS and donations. Ask how you can GIVE!
Meet Nurse Kim – Sharing what she does:
#TheThingIDo by Caroline of Puppet Podcast
Ellie Rose Rubin, Kid Actor, Singer, Activisit:
Examples of career statements for THE THING I DO campaign:
Hi, my name is John Doe! As a doctor, the thing I do is help people by teaching how to live a healthy lifestyle.
My name is James Deaan. As an actor//singer, the thing I do is provide entertainment fro my craft that I have been studying since I was 5. It’s great to be creative!
What is your UNIQUE TALENT?
Whether it is through playing a sport, singing, drawing, or deciding what else you like, it is important to celebrate our unique differences.
Parent permission required for kids under 18.
We are so excited to show off many people’s talent on National Make a Difference Day!
Want to be part of our show blog Q&A – complete this form