The Thing I Do Challenge – Let Kids Know Why You Like Your Career, Hobby or Sport
Unicorn Jazz Presents The Thing I Do – show for kids ages 3-103, is looking to showcase a variety of careers or hobbies or sports on October 24, 2020 and days leading up to it. Even after, we want to keep highlighting different CAREERS for the benefit of kids’ future! #NationalMakeADifferenceDay
Follow our daily posts on Instagram to see people sharing what they love to do!
What is the thing you do?
So far we have committed to this project:
- Singers (many) ✅
- Authors ✅
- Sound engineer ✅
- Marine Biologists ✅
- DJ (You )✅
- Fireman ✅
- Teachers ✅
- Graphic designer ✅
- Cashier ✅
- Librarian ✅
- Puppeteer ✅
- Artists ✅
PARTICULARS – To be part of this project for kids to enjoy:
- Create your video with the PARTICULARS as noted above.
- To be considered for the “best of” show highlights, send in a video (no more than 30 seconds, if you go 45 seconds, hey we will find a way to edit the best of!) of your occupation and how it makes a difference in the lives of others. We have many CAREERS to highlight and this video – compilation – merge, as we call it will be back to back in different videos put together by our film editing team.
- Use the example above to state your name, your job title and THE THING I DO is ……….
- Be sure to state HOW YOU help people.
- Be happy and excited to watch. Think of being in front of 1000 elementary school aged kids!
- Add any nice creative touches! (Show your work area, home work area, the things about your work that showcase you.) So that the background is different for each person. Add your family, if applicable, kids, environment.
- If kids just HEAR what people do without seeing a visual (background that matches your career or something creative versus a plain wall) it won’t be as visually appealing. Our film team will give precedence to people who share the videos with these particulars.
- The week of October 19th, post a photo (or the video you made) on your Facebook or Instagram and hashtag it #TheThingIDo (Look for our announcement on social media)
DEADLINE IS September 22, 2020 and our team will gather the best of as a first come, first serve basis. Creative talent and a variety of other careers will be showcased, too! Based on the number of varied career videos sent in, our film production team will pick based on # of careers sent in to showcase a variety. All will be showcased on our show blog, YouTube channel. We even decided to showcase more ongoing, since THE THING I DO is about doing what you love.
Example of career statements for THE THING I DO campaign:
Hi, my name is John Doe! As a doctor, the thing I do is help people by teaching how to live a healthy lifestyle.
My name is Shirley Temple. As a first grade teacher, the thing I do is help children learn about a variety of subjects so that they have long lasting knowledge. I love what I do!
My name is James Deaan. As an actor//singer, the thing I do is provide entertainment fro my craft that I have been studying since I was 5. It’s great to be creative!
What is your UNIQUE TALENT?
Whether it is through playing a sport, singing, drawing, or deciding what else you like, it is important to celebrate our unique differences.
We are so excited to show off many people’s talent on National Make a Difference Day!
Want to be part of our show blog Q&A – complete this form