Cooley Elementary School Author Visit in El Paso, Texas | Choose Love
El Paso is a city located on the westernmost tip of Texas known for its breathtaking views of the Franklin Mountains. The city is home to the natural and iconic U.S. wonder “The Thunderbird”, a long stretch of red-clay formation in the outline of a bird that can be widely seen on the North Franklin Mountains.
El Paso is also home to many tourist attractions including multiple artistic and scientific museums, music festivals, and performing arts centers, including the Plaza Theater, a National Historic Building of Significance built in 1930.
Unicorn Jazz & Cooley Elementary School Author Visit With Lisa Caprelli and Actor/Singer Emily Isabel
On February 11, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, author of the best-selling children’s book series Unicorn Jazz, will be visiting the Cooley Elementary School in El Paso, Texas.
Author Lisa Caprelli was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. Read Lisa Caprelli’s article about growing up with the school Thomas Manor Elementary!
Joining author Lisa Caprelli, will be 12 year old, Emily Isabel!
A part of the El Paso Independent School District (EPISD), Cooley Elementary’s vision statement is to prepare each student for a highly competitive world – not just in academics, but socially and emotionally as well.
The forefront of Cooley’s teachings corresponds so well with the Unicorn Jazz stories because its mission emphasizes a respectful atmosphere of social-emotional learning in the following five categories: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making.
Cooley Elementary has partnered with applications such as the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), and Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) to further implement the role of social-emotional learning to its young students. The goal of both, the Cooley School and Unicorn Jazz, is to create a deep atmosphere of social-emotional learning that extends into school, family, and community relationships.
Fun Facts About El Paso, TX
- El Paso is nicknamed the Sun City. This is because, on average, the city gets around 302 days of sunlight a year. That’s 7248 hours out of 8760 in a 365-day calendar!
- The Magoffin Home, located in El Paso, is another building within the city’s limits listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The vast 19-bedroom residence was originally built in the late 19th century with unique details of abode materials and a Greek revival setting.
- El Paso is the only major city in Texas that works on Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- Last, but not least, El Paso is also the hometown of Unicorn Jazz author, Lisa Caprelli!
How far is El Paso, TX, from Huntington Beach, CA, the HQ of Unicorn Jazz?
The city of El Paso is about a 12 hour and a half-hour drive from Huntington Beach, California.
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Music sheets and Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song lyrics – click here
Pen Pal – Elementary School Writing Opportunity With Author of Unicorn Jazz – click to participate for free!
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
f you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.
Spanish resources for teachers, like this Abejita Feliz – just ask us!
Lisa Caprelli, made KVIA 2020 For the Valentine’s Day CHOOSE LOVE NEWS STORY