San Antonio Author Visit to Timberwilde Elementary School – Texas
Timberwilde Elementary School in San Antonio, Texas, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli on May 27, 2021
San Antonio Author Visit by Unicorn Jazz Author Visit for Timberwilde School Elementary Students
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
- Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
FreeColoringPages Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
San Antonio, TX – A Brief Background
Home to over 2.3 million residents and rising as one of the fastest-growing U.S. cities, San Antonio is the second most populated city within the state of Texas. The seat of Bexar County, the city of San Antonio was originally founded as a Spanish settlement in 1718. Today the city is part of the supercity cluster known as the Texas Triangle and is a hub for all things cultural, economic, educational, and recreational.
On average, San Antonio receives around 32 million tourists a year who come to visit its most iconic attractions, including the Alamo, Riverwalk, The Pearl, The Majestic Theater, SeaWorld, and many museums and professional and collegiate sports divisions.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Timberwilde Elementary School
On May 27, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young elementary learners of the Timberwilde School virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of the Timberwilde School as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour.
The mission statement of Timberwilde Elementary is to provide a positive, child-centered environment that celebrates the intellectual, social, creative, and physical development of its students. It also firmly believes in promoting the desire to succeed by overcoming adversity while also encouraging an appreciation and respect for diversity. One of the school’s highest priorities is that of building strong relationships through emotional health and social skills – two themes which of course, coincide beautifully with the messages found in our Unicorn Jazz stories!
Thank You Timberwilde Elementary!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Sharing National Unicorn Day News – Unicorn Jazz and Author Lisa Caprelli made KVIA NEWS SUNDAY FUNDAY in 2021.
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is San Antonio from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located in South Central U.S., the city of San Antonio, TX, is approximately 1,360 miles from the HQ of Unicorn Jazz in Huntington Beach, CA. That’s nearly a 20-hour drive to cover the distance!
Fun Facts about San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio was given its name after Spanish expeditionists who named the area after Saint Anthony of Padua. St. Anthony was chosen because the settlers discovered the area on June 13th, the saint’s annual feast day.
- Before being called San Antonio, the area was known to the native Payaya Indians as Yanaguana, meaning “refreshing waters”.
- The city is host to the annual San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo – one of the largest and most timeless events in its category.
- San Antonio’s second oldest hotel, the Fairmount Hotel, made its way into the Guiness World Records as one of the heaviest buildings ever physically relocated. The entire process took four days to complete back in 1985.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.