Cesar Chavez Elementary School Author Visit in Palm Springs
Cesar Chavez Elementary School in Palm Springs, California, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli on April 30, 2021
Unicorn Jazz Author Visit & Cesar Chavez School Elementary Students
Sharing National Unicorn Day News – Unicorn Jazz and Author Lisa Caprelli, Principal Mrs. Mertha and Mrs. Soto made KVIA NEWS SUNDAY FUNDAY in March 2021.
Palm Springs, CA – A Brief Background
Palm Springs is the most populous city within Riverside County, CA. Home to nearly 48,000 residents, Palm Springs is widely known as a resort site with fabulous hot springs, art culture, festivities, and its wonderful preservation of natural American historical sites and architecture.
The infamous Palm Springs Walk of Stars contains over 400 names of notable people from the local area, including many actors, actresses, comedians, models, radio hosts, film and theater producers, artists, architects, singers, writers, sports figures, and civil personnel. Located in the Coachella Valley Desert, the city is known for its rich history of Cahuilla Indian habituation prior to European settlement. Currently, over 10% of the area is used as reservation land for the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
50+ CHILDREN’S BOOKS DONATED TO CESAR CHAVEZ LIBRARY
Over 50 children’s books were donated to our school library. We are grateful to Unicorn Jazz and author Lisa Caprelli for choosing our school. Our students love reading all the books. Judith Silva, Assistant Principal, Coachella Valley Unified School District, California
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Cesar Chavez Elementary School
On April 30, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young elementary learners of the Cesar Chavez School in two sessions virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of the Cesar Chavez School as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour, especially on such a special occasion like El Dia de Los Ninos, “Children’s Day”, which celebrates the importance of advocacy towards children’s literacy in all linguistic and cultural backgrounds. The Cesar Chavez School is proud to be a supportive environment for diverse learning styles that also encourages partnerships in growth. Furthermore, the school’s vision also emphasizes the importance of community-building and collaboration when it comes to successful learning – a moral theme that our Unicorn Jazz stories are largely based on.
Thank You Cesar Chavez Elementary!
Emily Isabel was one of the 24 kid singers in the original 12 Days of Christmas Music video – written by Lisa Caprelli.
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Palm Springs from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located roughly 105 miles east of Huntington Beach, the city of Palm Springs is around a two-hour drive from the Headquarters of Unicorn Jazz.
Fun Facts about Palm Springs, CA
- One possible explanation for the ‘Palm’ in the name Palm Springs comes from early Spanish explorers who referred to the area as La Palma de la Mano de Dios, “The Palm of God’s hand”.
- The surrounding area is known for its Native American antiquities, such as the petroglyphs, pictographs, and mortar holes that can be seen in the Tahquitz, Chino, and Indian Canyons.
- The deserts of Palm Springs host some of the most peculiar American wildlife, including pronghorns, bighorn sheep, desert tortoises, iguanas, chuckwallas, bobcats, mountain lions, scorpions, rattlesnakes, porcupines, hawks, owls, woodpeckers, and the reptilian Gila monster.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.