MaST Charter School Literacy Author Visit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
MaST Community Charter School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli on April 23, 2021
Unicorn Jazz Author Visit & MaST Charter School Elementary Students
Sharing National Unicorn Day News – Unicorn Jazz and Author Lisa Caprelli, Principal Mrs. Mertha and Mrs. Soto made KVIA NEWS SUNDAY FUNDAY in March 2021.
Philadelphia, PA – A Brief Background
Philadelphia is the capital and most populous city in the state of Pennsylvania. Currently the second-largest city in the American Northeast, Philadelphia is one of our country’s oldest and most historically significant settlements throughout its New World history. It was the site of our country’s Second Continental Congress where the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence in the year 1776, wherein America officially broke away from the British Empire to establish its own national autonomy. Today, Philadelphia still holds its status as a prominent city as an American cultural center and financial hub and is home to over 5,717,000 residents. The nickname of Philly also serves as its motto as being “The City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection”.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & MaST Charter School Author Visit
On April 23, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young elementary learners of MaST Community Charter School in two sessions virtually!
The MaST Charter School is a STEM-focused educational environment that is dedicated in its mission of enabling students to hone in on their 21st-century thinking and technological skills. We at Unicorn Jazz are excited for the opportunity to join up with the staff and students of the MaST Charter School as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour, especially since the school’s vision policy is centered on emphasizing future-based thinking – which is also a hidden theme in our Unicorn Jazz stories to always think ahead despite the obstacle in front of you! We look forward to a productive day of joy, cheer, and educational fun with the elementary students of MaST!
- Presentation by Children’s Author, Lisa Caprelli. Lisa read The Thing I Do, and students were encouraged to share their “things”. The Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song and Q&A were discussed
- Lisa Caprelli and special guest, 12 year old actress/singer: Emilly Isabel
- Follow Emily Isabel on Instagram
Thank You MaST Charter School!
Emily Isabel was one of the 24 kid singers in the original 12 Days of Christmas Music video – written by Lisa Caprelli.
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Philadelphia, PA, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located on the southeasternmost tip of Pennsylvania bordering the state of New Jersey, The City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection is a 40-hour drive from Huntington, CA, the HQ of Unicorn Jazz, over a distance of more than 2,720 miles.
Fun Facts about Philadelphia, PA
- Not only is the city and cultural attraction – it’s also an artistic one too! Philadelphia has the most outdoor public art exhibits, such as sculptures and murals, than any other city in the U.S.
- As a historic American city, Philadelphia contains over 65 registered National Landmarks, including libraries, revival homes, churches, museums, and of course – the Liberty Bell!
- The city was the temporary site of our nation’s capital from 1790 to 1800 while D.C. was under construction.
- The steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art were made iconic by the triumphant run in the film ‘Rocky’.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.