Neil Armstrong Elementary School Author Visit San Ramon, California
The city of San Ramon, California, will be receiving a fun and engaging author led visit by author Lisa Caprelli in this presentation to Neil Armstrong Elementary School!
Unicorn Jazz & Neil Armstrong Elementary School Author Visit San Ramon, California!
San Ramon is an urban village home to over 76,000 residents located in Contra Costa County, CA. Surrounded by the Diablo Range Mountains which are visible from most parts of the area, San Ramon is uniquely labeled as an urban village due to its architectural and natural layout. The area is home to many residential urban buildings that mostly surrounded by undeveloped sections of grasslands and oak tree orchards. In 2001, San Ramon was officially designated into the Tree City USA program, an organization that provides recognition and assistance towards community forestry in urban areas. The city is also known for its Forest Home Farms which was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002. The southern part of the Forest Home Farms is where the David Glass House is located, a structure built in the 1860s-1870s modeled after Victorian-styled features.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Neil Armstrong Elementary Author Visit
On March 16, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young learners of Neil Armstrong Elementary of all grade levels in two sessions virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of Neil Armstrong Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. The school’s mission statement of fostering an environment of life-long learning and strong collaboration within its community fits amazingly well with the overall theme of the Unicorn Jazz stories. Its staff and teachers are dedicated to providing an atmosphere of academic excellence and responsibility through the encouragement of creativity and critical thinking skills.
Thank You Neil Armstrong Elementary!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Coloring Page Contest – Woo-hoo!
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
- Students to color any ONE page from the Unicorn Jazz Coloring Pages free packet.
- Teachers to submit one coloring page per classroom to be entered into one final contest.
- 3 Lucky Winners (students) will each receive an autographed Unicorn Jazz hardcover for the student who is selected and the Teacher’s classroom that the student is currently in. (So that makes 6 Winners Total!)
- Deadline to submit to each classroom by student is March 20, 2021.
- Winners to be selected by school educator choice and submit to author Lisa Caprelli by March 16, 2021. The books will be mailed to our school by April 25, 2021.
Pen Pal – Elementary School Writing Opportunity With Author of Unicorn Jazz – click to participate for free!
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is San Ramon, CA, from Huntington Beach, CA, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
San Ramon is approximately 388 miles northwest of Huntington Beach. This makes the urban village around a 6-hour drive from the HQ of Unicorn Jazz.
Fun Facts about San Ramon, CA
- The headquarters of Chevron, 24-hour Fitness, and the west coast HQ of AT&T are all located within San Ramon.
- San Ramon is the hometown of many current and former professional athletes from various sports, including Mark Appel, David Bingham, Austin Hooper, Marv Hubbard, James Jones, Khalil Mack, Auston Matthews, Remi Prieur, Andre Rawls, Tiffany Roberts, Tony Stewart, Maggie Steffens, Andrew Wiedeman, and Max Mittek.
- The area is named after a Native American livestock herder. “San” was added before his name in order to fit into Spanish customs during the period.
- According to one account ancient account on Native American Miwok and Ohlone mythology, Mount Diablo was the place where of all creation occurred.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.