Reno, Nevada, Author’s Visit to Mariposa Language & Learning Academy
The city of Reno, Nevada, is receiving a fun and engaging author led visit. Joining author Lisa Caprelli in this presentation to the Mariposa Language & Learning Academy will be child actresses, Winter Donnelly and Shaylynn.
Unicorn Jazz & Mariposa Academy School Author Visit
Reno is a city in Washoe County that is home to a population of over 265,000 residents. Nicknamed ‘The Biggest Little City in the World’, Reno is host to numerous events year-round, including sports, festivities, the arts, and technology. Known for its popular Lake Tahoe and the Nevada Museum of Arts, Reno grew steadily since its first colonial settlement in the 1850s when it was the site of a large gold and silver rush wave and the later establishment of a railroad.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Mariposa Academy School Author Visit
On March 8, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young learners of the Mariposa Learning Academy of all grade levels in two sessions virtually! Shaylynn will be joining Lisa Caprelli and the students for the morning session while Winter Donnelly will be present for the afternoon portion.
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of the Mariposa Academy as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. The school’s vision fits amazingly well with the overall theme of the Unicorn Jazz stories because the Mariposa Academy aims to foster an environment that challenges its students yet also offers encouragement and support in pursuit of achievement. Its staff and teachers are dedicated to enriching the lives of their students to becoming lifelong learners in a diverse and global world.
Thank You Mariposa Academy!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
- Students to color any ONE page from the Unicorn Jazz
- Students to color any ONE page from the Unicorn Jazz Coloring Pages free packet.
- Teachers to submit one coloring page per classroom to be entered into one final contest.
- 3 Lucky Winners (students) will each receive an autographed Unicorn Jazz hardcover for the student who is selected and the Teacher’s classroom that the student is currently in. (So that makes – 6 Winners Total!)
- Deadline to submit to each classroom by student is Monday, March 15, 2021.
- Winners to be selected by school educator choice and submit to author Lisa Caprelli by March 19, 2021. The books will be mailed to our school by April 15, 2021.
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Reno, NV, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located in the northwestern-most tip of Nevada, Reno is just a little over 505 miles north of Huntington Beach, CA, a distance that would take about 8 and half hours to cover by car.
Fun Facts about Reno, NV
- Reno was officially founded as a governed settlement on May 9, 1868.
- The city is named after Jesse L. Reno, a Major General for the Civil War Union Army.
- Reno holds various events and festivities year-round, including a classic car convention, a great balloon race, and air races.
- The area remains one of the largest producers of gold throughout the world to this day.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.