Brewster New York Author Visit to John F Kennedy Elementary School
The village of Brewster, New York, is receiving a fun and engaging author led visit.
Unicorn Jazz & JFK Elementary School Author Visit
Brewster is a small country town with a population of just over 2,200 residents. Located in southeast Putnam County in Upstate New York. Brewster is known for its well-preserved Victorian architecture and picture-worthy Colonial streets. Just an hour north by car from New York City, Brewster is Putnam’s most populated locale. Attractions to the area include Danbury Mall, Tonetta Lake, Brewster Ice Arena, equestrian stables, and the local shops and restaurants that make this town’s Main Street its own unique presence.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & John F. Kennedy Elementary School Author Visit
On March 9, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young learners of JFK Elementary of all grade levels in two sessions virtually!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of JFK Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. The staff and teachers at the JFK school know just how important elementary education is to building a successful foundation for future learning and skills. With this knowledge in mind, JFK elementary aims to foster an environment where students can achieve excellence in all aspects of their lives – academically, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- First Session – Kinder and First Graders Presentation by Children’s Author, Lisa Caprelli. Lisa read The Thing I Do, and students were encouraged to share their “things”. The Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song and Q&A were discussed
- 2nd session – Grades 1 & 2 with Lisa Caprelli and special guest, 12 year old actress/singer: Sofia Swade She will be singing SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW for the students at JFK Elementary School
Thank You JFK Elementary!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
Pen Pal – Elementary School Writing Opportunity With Author of Unicorn Jazz – click to participate for free!
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Brewster, NY, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located on the east side of the U.S. in Upstate New York, Brewster is approximately 2,385 miles from Huntington Beach – the HQ of Unicorn Jazz. That’s a 43-hour drive by car!
Fun Facts about Brewster, NY
- Brewster became officially Incorporated as a village and settlement in 1894.
- Brewster is home to the Southeast Museum where visitors can come to relive a piece of 19th century American culture.
- The village is named after the family name of two brothers who were early landowners in the area. James and Walter Brewster allowed the New York & Railroad company to build tracks on their property, thus allowing more settlers to access the area.
- Walter Brewster built the village’s first home in the 1850s. Built in the Greek Revival style, the home is now called the “Walter Brewster House”. In 1980, the Walter Brewster was added to the National Register of Historic Places and is currently owned and operated by a Landmarks Preservation Society, where it is used as a venue for festivities.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.