Tinley Park, Illinois, Author Visit to St. George Elementary
The village of Tinley Park, Illinois, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to St. George Elementary on Thursday March 25, 2021.
Unicorn Jazz & St. George Elementary School Author Visit
Tinley Park is a village in northeast Illinois located roughly 30 miles south of Chicago. A part of both Cook and Will counties, Tinley Park became incorporated as a town in 1892 and was a widely popular area for settlers of German, English, Scottish, and Canadian descent in the 18th and 19th centuries. Today, Tinley Park is home to over 55,000 residents.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & St. George Elementary School Author Visit School Literacy Night
On March 25, 2021, Lisa Caprelli, award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs will be presenting to the young learners of St. George Elementary of all grade levels in two sessions virtually for their literacy night!
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of St. George Elementary as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. Home of the Dragons, the St.George School is a private and Catholic faith-based academic environment where students are encouraged to grow into lifelong learners within all aspects of modern education – spiritually, socially, physically, and emotionally. The core values of St. George Elementary align nicely with the morals found in our Unicorn Jazz stories, as the school seeks to provide a foundation for future success through emotional and spiritual communication within its community!
Thank You St. George Elementary!
Presenting with Author Lisa Caprelli for our school is 11 year old YouTuber, Singer, Trilingual Reader, dancer, Sheylan. Follow her YouTube channel at: Sheylan.info
Read more about Sheylan on our blog story!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is Tinley Park, IL, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located in the central midwest, Tinley Park is a 29-hour drive from Huntington Beach over a 2,017-mile distance.
Fun Facts about Tinley Park, IL
- The area was first called Bremin by the numerous German settlers who resided in the town before it was named Tinley Park.
- Upon incorporation, the town was named after the village’s first railroad station agent, Samuel Tinley, Sr.
- Tinley Park, IL, has three international sister cities: Budingen in Germany, Mallow in Ireland, and Nowy Sacz in Poland.
- Tinley Park was the hometown of the professional racecar driving family, the Bettenhausens.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.