St. Louis, Missouri, Author Visit to Maplewood Early Childhood Center
The city of St. Louis, Missouri, is receiving a fun and engaging author visit led by Unicorn Jazz creator, Lisa Caprelli, to Maplewood Early Childhood Center on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Unicorn Jazz & Maplewood Early Childhood Center – Elementary School Author Visit
St. Louis is an independent city located on the easternmost side of Missouri bordering Illinois. Home to over 2.2 million residents and the 630-foot iconic monumental sculpture, the Gateway Arch, St. Louis is the second-largest city within the state of Missouri. The city was founded in 1764 by French traders and settlers who named the area after Louis IX of France.
Situated amidst the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, St. Louis quickly grew in size as it became a major port during the 19th century – making it the fourth-largest U.S. city at the time. Today, St. Louis has become a festive cultural metropolis embedded with American history through its numerous Nationally Registered Historic Landmarks, including churches, houses, gardens, parks, corporate buildings, libraries, and theaters.
Check Out The Thing I Do Show – Now on Amazon TV
Unicorn Jazz & Maplewood Richmond Heights School District Author Visit
On March 31, 2021, the award-winning author of the children’s Unicorn Jazz stories and songs, Lisa Caprelli, will be presenting to the young ECC and elementary grade-level learners of the Maplewood Richmond Heights School District in two sessions virtually.
We at Unicorn Jazz are excited to be joining up with the staff and students of the Maplewood Richmond Heights School District as part of our virtual World Read Across America Tour. Home of the Blue Devils, Maplewood Richmond Heights is devoted to nurturing a wonderful educational environment where students can fall in love with learning. With an emphasis on student achievement and community engagement through stewardship, the mission of Maplewood Richmond Heights falls in line with the morals of our Unicorn Jazz stories through its focus on the value of belongingness and citizenship along with its academic curriculum.
Thank You Maplewood Richmond Heights Elementary!
Presenting with Author Lisa Caprelli for our school is 11 year old YouTuber, Singer, Trilingual Reader, dancer, Sheylan. Follow her YouTube channel at: Sheylan.info
Read more about Sheylan on our blog story!
THE THING I DO MUSIC VIDEO BASED ON THE BOOK:
Here are some of our STEM and social emotional free educational Resources you can share now with teachers:
- UnicornJazz.com/Education (free curriculum download for book one social emotional learning )
- The Thing I Do – our newest book encourage kids to discover and share their talents and interests – click here for instant download.
- Bee-ing Happy Beyond the book – make your own Be Happy pages
- Eye See You Choosing Kindness – Social emotional packet
Freecoloringpages to teachers and all students
- Bee Happy DIY Paper bag crafts – https://unicornjazz.com/bee-happy-bee-paper-bag-puppet-diy-instructions-based-on-childrens-books/
- Unicorn Finger puppet – https://unicornjazz.com/unicorn-finger-puppet-diy-craft-for-teachers-or-parents/
Teachers, please share with your students for you and your classroom to win some free books! Have them or you download the free printables at UnicornJazz.com/
Letter writing encourages a love of reading, writing, creating and touches upon imagination and the arts.
If your young scholar wants to get into writing (and an adult is not making them do this), then my Pen Pals With A Children’s Book Author form is for them. It’s great for children 6–12, educators, classrooms, and libraries.
Songs also available on 30+ music platforms and Also available in SPANISH! Just ask
- Unicorn Jazz Friendship Song
- The Thing I Do
- Dance & Sing With Me
- Make That Smile a Little Bit Bigger
- Happiness News
- Rainbow Song – April 2021
GEOGRAPHY FROM OUR UNICORN JAZZ HEADQUARTERS TO YOUR SCHOOL! –Click for fun learning article.
How Far is St. Louis, MO, from Huntington Beach, California, the HQ of the Unicorn Jazz?
Located in the central midwest, St. Louis is around a 27-hour drive from Huntington Beach, covering a distance of 1,835 miles.
Fun Facts about St. Louis, MO
- The city held the Olympics in 1904, becoming the first region outside of Europe and the third city in the world to host the event. St. Louis is currently one of three American cities to have ever hosted the Olympic games.
- The St. Louis Gateway Arch is the tallest arch sculpture in the world. It also takes the title of being the tallest man-made monument in the Western Hemisphere.
- Explorers Lewis and Clark began their expedition westward in 1804 starting from St. Louis.
- The city holds the largest Bosnian community outside of Bosnia.
Thank you for your support of literacy and the joy of books and learning!
If you’d like to purchase a children’s book for your child’s library or as a gift, you can purchase any of them in paperback hardcover, ebook and Audible – on Amazon or Barnes & Noble online or ask for it at your favorite book retailer!
Free Unicorn Jazz Play Wright / Theater Classroom Script – for drama, music teachers and for when schools go back to live in person experiences.